|Phake-i Surgical Practice Eyes (2/pkg)
2 Phake-i practice eyes per cylinder pack
The Phake-i is a patented surgical practice eye designed to improve surgical skills. Modeled after the human eye, the Phake-i is dimensionally correct and approximates the shape, size and feel of the human eye.
The Phake-i has the following features:
- Central corneal thickness of 0.5 mm
- Peripheral corneal thickness of 0.8 mm
- Corneal diameter of 12 mm
- Dilated 8 mm pupil
- Lens: anterior capsular thickness od 0.0004"
- The lens material consists of a central solid core and a softer cortex suitable for hydrodelineation, chopping, phaco-emulsification and irrigation/aspiration
- Realistic feel of an incision
- Sutable for stainless steel or diamond knives and other instruments
- Non-toxic, fully recyclable
The Phake-i is deal for ideal for practcing key ophthalmic surgical procedures:
- Repair of corneal and scleral lacerations
- Scleral flaps and scleral tunnels
- IOL (PC-AC) implants/explants
- Iris expanders/hooks
- Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Corneal incision and suturing
- Intravitreal injections
- Capsular Tension Rings
- Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI)
The Phake-i used for surgical training, allows multiple different procedures to be performed on the same eye. However, a capsulotomu and phaco-emulsification can only be performed once.
The Phake-i standard practice eyes are packaged in a 2-pack and 4-pack.